Please bring your presentation on memory stick to the speaker ready room in Blå salong, at the latest in the break before the start of your session.
Technicians will assist you loading your presentation. It is not allowed to use your own laptop. Please make sure your presentation is suitable for Windows (no Macintosh).
The preferred format on the PPT-presentation is 16:9
The conference program is very tight, with not much free time between sessions. Please respect the allotted time for presentation to ensure that your session stays on track. Please arrive at the location fifteen minutes before the session starts to become familiar with the operation of the audiovisual equipment. The chairs will explain how they would like to run the session.
Postersize: Maximum height 135 cm and maximum width 95 cm, portrait orientation.
The posters are located at the poster area, in SAL D, Forum and Messaninen. The poster area is open to all participants during the entire congress.
Poster boards are numbered. You will find the number of your poster board in the program. The numbers on the poster boards correspond with the abstract numbers in the abstract supplement of the European Geriatric Medicine (EGM) Journal.
Presenters should be present at their poster during the assigned poster session. The material can be attached to the poster panel with pins supplied by the organisation. For assistance please check the poster desk.
At the end of the program on Friday there are poster prize ceremonies for the best poster presentations in SAL A.
Poster session 1: Thursday 17 September, 12:30-13:30
Poster numbers P001 - P241:
Poster mounting: Wednesday 16 September from 16:00 hrs-18:00
Thursday 17 September before 10:30
Poster removal: Thursday 17 September after 16:00 and before 18:00.
Posters that not have been removed by the presenters on Thursday 17 September 19:00 are removed and disposed of by the congress staff.
Poster session 2: Friday 18 September, 13:00-14:00
Poster numbers P242 – P490:
Poster mounting: Friday 18 September from 08:00-10:30.
Poster removal: Friday 18 September after 15:00 and before 18:00.
Posters that not have been removed by the presenters on Friday 18 September 18:00 are removed and disposed of by the congress staff.
Printing of posters
EUGMS 2015 is pleased to provide a convenient, high quality poster printing service to all poster authors. Call4Posters allows you to create a poster from a selection of free PowerPoint templates or you can upload your completed poster as a PowerPoint or PDF file online. Posters are then printed and shipped directly to the meeting for a small shipping & onsite delivery fee. Save time, money and have the peace of mind knowing your poster is 100% guaranteed. Information regarding this service will be sent to you within the next couple of weeks. Call4Poster will send you an e-mail with more information.
Please read these instructions carefully before preparing your abstract.
- The deadline for abstracts suggesting symposia is 31 January 2015.
- The deadline for independent abstract submission is 10 May 2015.
- The deadline for late breaking news submission is 1 August 2015.
- The organisers reserve the right to accept or refuse any abstract, to designate papers as either oral or poster presentations and to choose a suitable session for the abstract.
- Notice of acceptance will be e-mailed to the submitting author by 15 June 2015.
- The submitting and presenting authors must register as a congress delegate and pay the registration fee. Abstracts without paid registration fee will not be accepted for the congress or published in the abstract book.
- Abstracts which have not been prepared according to these instructions will be rejected.
- Do you experience problems in registering the abstract through the web site, please contact the congress organisers by e-mail abstract2015(at)gyro.no
- The maximum length of an abstract is 250 words (excluding title, authors’ names and affiliations). Abstracts must be written in English and with “sentence case” both for title and body of the abstract
- The title must be informative and include no more than 100 characters without spaces. Include all authors’ names and affiliations, city and country, as well as E-mail address for presenting/contact author.
The abstract should be written in a structured manner like this and give the
OBJECTIVES of the study
An abstract should include actual results obtained from original, non-published research.
All financial support from commercial parties must be disclosed in a final statement of the abstracts.
Abstracts suggesting symposia (90 minutes):
- The maximum length of an abstract is 1200 words (excluding title and name & affiliation of submitting author). Abstracts must be written in English and with “sentence case” both for title and body of the abstract.
- The abstract should be given a short but informative title (100 characters), be written in a structured manner giving a brief introduction to the topic, the objectives of the symposium, then short sections including names of the presenters, each name followed by a short abstract of the individual presentations. The abstract must include a concluding section summarizing the expected learning outcomes for the audience from the whole symposium.
- All financial support from commercial parties must be disclosed in a final statement of the abstract.