Thanks to a multi-disciplinary international consortium (23 partners from 11 countries), the PROMISS project is eager to:
- Provide insight in the causal links between diet, physical activity, appetite and malnutrition among older adults;
- Develop evidence-based dietary and physical activity strategies to prevent malnutrition and enhance active and healthy ageing;
- Deliver food concepts and products, as well as persuasive technology to support adherence to these strategies.
In this newsletter:
A sneak peek into PROMISS research
- The lower the protein intake, the greater the risk of developing mobility limitations
- Vary your activities and perform them regularly in order to age well!
- Towards new food products and concepts
What do older people think?
- Some opinions of experts, carers and seniors
What happens beyond research?
- The ESPEN congress on nutrition of older adults
- EFAD’s “Working together across health professions to combat malnutrition”
- EUGMS Congress and PROMISS General Assembly
Enjoy reading the first PROMISS newsletter here.