Česká gerontologická a geriatrická společnost ČLS JEP
Czech Society of Gerontology and Geriatrics
Some facts on demography and geriatrics in Czech Republic…
Total population: 10 512 thousand
Percentage above 65 Yr: 1 826 thousand = 17,4%
Percentage above 80 Yr: 412 thousand = 3,9%
Number of physicians: 47.459
Number of geriatricians: 228 qualified, 162 active in practice
Total number of hospital beds: 56 807
Number of geriatric beds in acute care: 405
Number of geriatric beds in aftercare: 7.652
Number of geriatric beds in long-term sick hospitals: 7.171
Geriatrics is recognised as a...
- speciality since >20 years.
Geriatric medicine is found in...
- acute care hospitals as acute geriatric wards
- out-patient care settings
- post-acute rehabilitation hospitals/clinics
- nursing homes or long term care facilities
Members of the society
Total number of Members: 310
Other therapists: 10
CGGS organises or paticipates in organisation of several meetings and congresses every year. Some of them have more than 15 years´history:
- Brno geriatric day usually in March – clinically oriented, organised by prof Pavel Weber
- Zlín geriatric day – usually in September – clinically oriented – organised by dr Forejtar
- Prague Days of Gerontology – autumn – with the Czech Alzheimer Society (prof. Iva Holmerová)
- Hradec Králové annual geriatric congress – major clinical multidisciplinary event – autumn – organised by prof Božena Jurašková
List of geriatric chairs and research centres in the Czech Republic
- Hradec Králové: Department of Gerontology and Metabolism Medical Faculty Charles University and Hospital Hradec Králové, head prof. MUDr. Luboš Sobotka, chair of geriatric medicine Hradec Králové, head prim. MUDr. Božena Jurašková
- Praha: Department of Geriatrics 1st Medical Faculty Charles University and General Hospital in Prague, head Prof. MUDr. Eva Topinková, CSc.
- Praha: Centre of Gerontology, department of long-term care medicine of the Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education, head Assoc Prof Iva Holmerová, Ph.D.
- Praha: Centre of Expertise in Longevity and Long-term Care, Faculty of Humanities, Charles University in Praue, head Dr. Dana Hradcová
- Brno: Department of Internal Medicine, geriatrics, Nursing and General Medicine Masaryk University and Hospital in Brno, head Prof. MUDr. Hana Matějovská Kubešová, CSc.
no news in this list.