From 10 to 12 October 2018 the leading medical experts from all over the world will gather in Germany to attend one of the largest and most influential academic conferences and exhibitions on Geriatrics. The experts will focus on the most relevant issues related to the main theme of the Congress, including:
• Differentiating ageing and disease in old age
• Tackling immunosenescence in geriatric patients
• Evolving definitions: sarcopenia and malnutrition
• Innovations in sarcopenia therapy
• Assessment and treatment of multi-morbidity
• Individualized polypharmacy – True progress?
• Innovations of pharmacotherapy in geriatric patients
• Traumatic brain injuries after falls
• The changing spectrum of fragility fractures
• Has the future arrived? – IT-based diagnostics versus standard CGA
• Modifying intensive care and the emergency department for older patients
• Rehabilitation in patients with cognitive and emotional disorders
• Palliative care in persons with dementia
• New concepts of care for geriatric patients in the community
One of the EuGMS' aims is to encourage and help practitioners to further their knowledge and the society bestows four Best Abstracts Awards: two for the best Oral Presentation and two for the best Poster Presentations.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
Year after year, the Congress has become one of the most important international events in the field of Geriatric Medicine, with more than 1,500 attendees from Europe and from all over the World.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND EUGMS 2018
The conference will be targeted at specialists and health care professionals sharing the same interest in geriatric medicine, mainly geriatricians, internists, general practitioners, neurologists and physicians from every medical discipline, therapists, nurses, gerontologists, researchers and scientists, pharmacists, nutritionists as well at anyone taking care of the elderly patients, in order to understand the social, medical and clinical approach to geriatric diseases.