ABSTRACT SUBMISSION - CLOSED
The Scientific Committee welcomes the submission of abstracts of original contributions to the Congress.
Abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee and may be selected for either oral or poster presentation.
Abstracts should be submitted in English.
Please note that abstracts must be submitted through the official online abstract submission system.
All the accepted abstract will be published in a supplement issue of European Geriatric Medicine.
NEW! FREE REGISTRATION FOR BEST ABSTRACTS - CLOSED
EuGMS has decided to offer n.100 free registrations for best abstracts.
Application is required and mandatory.
Results will be announced after all abstracts will have been reviewed by the Scientific Committee.
BEST ABSTRACTS AWARDS
One of the EuGMS' aims is to encourage and help early career practitioners to further their knowledge and the society bestows four Best Abstracts Awards:
two for the best Oral Presentation and two for the best Poster Presentations.
Each winner of the award will receive a prize of €500.
Abstracts must be submitted through the official online abstract submission system.
Any Abstract can be modified by clicking on the link in the confirmation email.
No faxed or e-mailed abstract will be accepted.
Detailed information for oral or poster presentation (time allotment, date, hour) will be sent by e-mail to the registered presenting Author.
At least one Author of accepted abstracts is required to register and pay the registration fee to ensure the rights for the presentation. EuGMS is unable to support any participation cost related to submitted abstract, including but not limited to registration, travel and accommodation.
Abstract format - authors and affiliation:
- The name(s) of the Author(s) should be preceded by the initials (please omit titles).
- Organization should be abbreviated, with capitalization as in title.
- The submitting author must be inserted again in the list of authors if necessary.
- Each contributor has to put each surname first, without abbreviating this to an initial. Also, do not put full capitals to highlight what is the surname, but just use an initial capital.
- The submitting author is responsible also for the correct use of initials and surnames of their co-authors.
- Affiliations: all authors should have an affiliation, at least with a basic entry including the country.
Abstract format - text:
- The abstract should not exceed 250 words.
- The structure of the abstracts should include an introduction, methods, results and key conclusions.
- The title of the abstract should be printed in initial capital letters followed by lower case.
- Abbreviations should be defined by being placed in parentheses immediately after the full word or phrase has been typed for the first time.
- No graphs, figures, tables or unusual symbols can be included.
- Place citations to references in square brackets, eg .
- If there are references after the abstract, there should also be citations to the refs in the abstract, and vice versa.
- Decimal punctuation is with a decimal point (in English), not with comma.
- Generic (nonproprietary) names should be used for drugs and substances.
The maximum size of each printed poster is A0 Format.
Poster dimensions = 84 cm (width) by 118 cm (height).
Please note: vertical positioning only, NO "landscape" layout.
Authors may submit abstracts related to the following topics:
- Acute care
- Biogerontology and genetics
- Cognition and dementia
- Comorbidity and multimorbidity
- Comprehensive geriatric assessment
- Ethics and end of life care
- Frailty and sarcopenia
- Geriatric education
- Geriatric rehabilitation
- Geriatrics in organ disease
- Longevity and prevention
- Metabolism and nutrition
- Oral and dental health
- Organisation of care and gerotechnology
- Pre and post operative care
- Psychiatric symptoms and illnesses
- Urology and continence management
- Vaccines and Immunisation
For any questions regarding abstract submission please contact: