Dansk Selskab for Geriatri
Danish Society of Geriatrics
Some facts on demography and geriatrics in Denmark…
Total population: 5.745.526
Percentage above 65 Yr: 19
Percentage above 80 Yr: 4,3
Number of physicians in the country: 20.682
Number of geriatricians: 84
Total number of hospital beds in the country: 14.190
Number of geriatric beds: 506
Geriatrics is recognised as a...
- speciality since 10-20 years
- subspeciality since 20 years
Geriatric medicine is found in...
- acute care hospitals as acute geriatric wards
- out-patient care settings
- post-acute rehabilitation hospitals/clinics
Members of the society
Total number of Members: 278
Other therapists: 0
2 Annual meetings:
- Spring Meeting including General Assembly and Scientific Meeting lsting two days.
- Fall meeting: different topics
List of geriatric chairs and research centres in Denmark
no news in this list.