- EMA - Call for expression of interest for nomination of experts to participate in a virtual meeting ...
EMA - Call for expression of interest for nomination of experts to participate in a virtual meeting on “Artificial intelligence in clinical trials – ensuring it is fit for purpose” (22 September 2020)
The EMA Inspections Office together with the Good Clinical Practice Inspectors Working Group (GCP-IWG) is seeking to identify patients and healthcare professional experts who could share their experience with the use of artificial intelligence (AI) in the medical field, particularly to discuss practical use cases and challenges validating AI tools.
The meeting will take place on 22nd September between 14:30 – 19:15 (CET). This date overlaps with the PCWP/HCPWP session on Pregnancy and lactation, however, we hope you can suggest alternative experts who can join.
Some of the topics to be covered during the meeting include:
· Summary status of current and immediate future use of AI in clinical trials
· Use cases for the use of AI in clinical trials
· The validation of AI in clinical research and other related fields
· Risk assessment and considerations
· AI and “fit for purpose”
· Perceived challenges by regulators and industry
For that purpose, we are now launching a call for expressions of interest to identify potential candidates and a decision will then be made by the Agency’s Inspections Office together with members of the GCP-IWG.
Experts interested in joining the meeting are kindly asked to send us a short (no more than 150 words) CV indicating their expertise on the topics discussed. This is to ensure we can also cope with the limitations on number of participants imposed by the Adobe Connect virtual room capacity.
Please send your expression of interest, together with your motivation to public-engagement(at)ema.europa.eu by Friday, 24 July 2020.