Kolegium Lekarzy Specjalistów Geriatrii w Polsce
The Polish College of Geriatricians
Some facts on demography and geriatrics in Poland…
Total population: 38.038.400
Percentage above 65 Yr: 15,3%
Percentage above 80 Yr: 4,0%
Number of physicians: 141.400
Number of geriatricians: 400
Total number of hospital beds: 188.100
Number of geriatric beds: 1.050
Geriatrics is recognised as a...
- speciality since >20 years
Geriatric medicine is found in...
- acute care hospitals as acute geriatric wards
Members of the society
Total number of Members: 190
Other therapists: 0
- A national conference of CGiP is organized annually in March.
- The educational journal: "Geriatria" has been quarterly published for several decades.
List of geriatric chairs and research centres in Poland
- Kraków: Chair of Gerontology and Internal Medicine Collegium Medicum Jagiellonian University
- Łódź: Healthy Ageing Research Centre (HARC)
- Łódź: Department of Geriatrics, University Clinical Hospital - Central Hospital of Veterans
- Warszawa: National Institute of Geriatrics, Rheumatology and Rehabilitation
- Warszawa: Department of Geriatrics, Faculty of Health Sciences, Warsaw Medical University
- Katowice: Department of Geriatrics, Chair of Internal Medicine, School of Health Sciences, Medical University of Silesia
- Bialystok: Department of Geriatrics, Medical University of Bialystok
- Poznań: Laboratory of Geriatrics, Department of Palliative Medicine
- Wroclaw: Clinic of Geriatrics Wroclaw Medical University
no news in this list.