Российская Ассоциация Геронтологов и Гериатров
Russian Association оf Gerontologists and Geriatricians
Some facts on demography and geriatrics in Russia…
Total population: 146.804.372
Percentage above 65 Yr: 13%
Percentage above 80 Yr: 3%
Geriatrics is recognised as a...
- speciality since >20 years
Number of physicians in the country: 543.600
Number of geriatricians: 149
Total number of hospital beds in the country: 1.200.000
Number of geriatric beds: 1.620
Geriatric medicine is found in...
- out-patient care settings
- post-acute rehabilitation hospitals/clinics
- nursing homes or long term care facilities
Members of the society
Total number of Members: 483
Other therapists: 56
Overall goals of the society
RAGG supports the development of geriatric medicine and gerontology in Russia and encourages young physicians and scientists for research in these fields.
The geriatric system is being optimized to make high quality geriatric care available to all older people with age-related health problems in Russia, to promote education and continuing professional development for physicians and nurses. The pilot project of Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation “Territory of Care” started in 2017. The revision of the under- and postgraduate geriatric medicine curriculum has been started in medical universities.
RAGG organizes annual regional conferences to encourage the interaction and co-operation between geriatricians and other physicians, nurses and social specialists to meet older patients’ health related problems. Since 2015 RAGG conducts annual Russian Congress on Gerontology and Geriatrics and encourages participation of leading international experts in the field of geriatric medicine.
RAGG already develops evidence-based consensus documents devoted to geriatric medical issues and contributes to the development of Russian national clinical guidelines to introduce geriatric medicine approaches and disseminate geriatric knowledge among different medical specialists.
List of geriatric chairs and research centres in Russia
- Russian Clinical and Research Center of Gerontology
- Department of Age-related Diseases, Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University, Moscow
- Department of Family Medicine, the North-Western State medical University named after I.I. Mechnikov, St-Petersburg
- Department of Gerontology, Geriatrics and Nursing, St.-Petersburg Medical Academy of Postgraduate Training, St.-Petersburg
- Department of Geriatrics and Ageing Endocrinology, Samara State Medical University, Samara
- Department of Therapy and General Practice with the Course of Geriatrics, Bashkir State Medical University, Ufa
- Department of Gerontology and Geriatrics, Novosibirsk State Medical University, Novosibirsk
- Department of Cardiology and Personified Medicine, RUDN University, Moscow
- St.-Petersburg Institute of Bioregulation and Gerontology, St-Petersburg
no news in this list.