Leader: Claudio Pedone Maria Nuotio
- To contribute towards increasing the awareness and knowledge on Urinary Incontinence (UI)
- To act as a scientific reference for geriatricians and other physicians on the issue of UI
- To facilitate the detection and management of Urinary Incontinence in older people.
- To establish specific links of collaboration with other scientific Societies (Urology, Gynaecology, etc) in order to elaborate documents and to improve the level of knowledge on UI
- To encourage research on UI, its functional impact and its interdisciplinary management by a wide range of professionals
N° of Members
Expected method of work
regular contacts by email and annual meeting during the EuGMS Congress. In this meeting we would organize the different new activities of the Group as well as to establish their timing. Ideally, we could use teleconferencing if there are any special issue to analyse and discuss.
First expected outcome and approximate date of completion
our first outcome would be the analysis and conclusions from the survey on Management of urinary incontinence that we sent (through our Secretariat and the National Societies) to all the members. Secondly, we are preparing a set of slides to facilitate the understanding and the management of UI with the idea to disseminate, as a teaching tool, to all the National societies to improve the management of this syndrome.
Way of communication among members
regularly by email, and optionally by teleconference.
Planning of meetings
it would be essential to organize a meeting during the EuGMS Congress, and optionally if we would have to plan an extra activity eg. scientific meeting, we could then arrange to have another meeting on this specific subject.
Next Meeting 18th EuGMS International Congress, London September 28-30 - SIG Collateral Meeting - PRIVATE - SEPT 29th from 07.00pm to 08.00pm UK TIME
17th EuGMS International Congress, Athens October 11-13 - SIG Collateral Meeting - OPEN- OCT 12th from 07.15pm to 08.00pm CEST
16th EuGMS International Congress, Athens October 7-9